Donations & legacies
By making a donation or leaving a legacy to the GoodPlanet Foundation, you use your inheritance to protect our Planet. In doing so, you provide the Foundation with long-term support for its awareness and solidarity activities, which help to build a better world for our children.
Help us to complete our projects, including…
- Meeting the Others: more than 4 million people have viewed the “7 billion Others” exhibition in more than 20 cities, with millions more still to come…,
- Informing the general public about environmental issues: 5,000 pages of analyses and information in the GoodPlanet Magazine, and almost 350,000 books distributed,
- Educating our children about sustainable development: 345,000 educational kits distributed since 2006 in 57,000 French schools,
- Taking action against climate change: 24 projects supported, benefiting more than 115,000 people in southern countries, a long-term reduction of 270,000 tonnes of CO2 (the equivalent of the average annual emissions of 84,000 cars) and more than 500,000 hectares of forest protected in Madagascar (the equivalent of half the Landes forest in France).
What is a donation?
A donation is the only legal means of passing on part of your inheritance during your lifetime. There are four possible types of donation:
- Full ownership: you gift an item in its entirety to the GoodPlanet Foundation,
- Bare ownership (nue-propriété): you gift the item to the GoodPlanet Foundation, but you retain the usufruct during your lifetime,
- Temporary usufruct: you do not permanently give up the usufruct of an item, but you transfer it temporarily to the GoodPlanet Foundation,
- Multiple ownership: you can gift a share of an item you own jointly with others to the GoodPlanet Foundation.
A donation is a legal document registered with your notary, and the transfer of ownership takes effect on the date it is signed. You are then eligible to a tax credit calculated on the basis of the value of the item transferred.
What is a legacy?
A legacy is a testamentary disposition by means of which you arrange the disposal of your property. It can be amended or cancelled at any time. It only takes effect after your death.
Contrary to popular thinking, legacies do not involve huge fortunes; there are inheritances of all sizes. What is more, you can have many legatees. There are three types of legacy:
- The universal legacy: all of the available property is passed on to the GoodPlanet Foundation. This is only possible if you have no direct heir,
- The residuary bequest: the testator leaves a share of his/her goods or property (e.g. 30%) or a specific category (e.g. real estate),
- The specific legacy: this refers to a specific item or asset (a property, life insurance policy, etc.).
Your generosity will allow the GoodPlanet Foundation to continue running meaningful projects, which contribute to shaping the future.
If you would like to make a legacy or a donation, please see your notary, who will advise you in your best interests.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Fernanda LOPEZ – Accounts / Administrative Manager
Tel : +33 (0)1 48 42 92 46
> Send an email