Submit a project
Legal status of project sponsors
United Carbon Action has decided to give priority to projects sponsored by organisations with a welfare objective (NGOs, cooperatives, small businesses, etc.), whose primary goal is to implement “international solidarity” projects.
United Carbon Action supports projects of all sizes in order to meet both local and national needs.
Benefits associated with projets
The projects supported by United Carbon Action are in line with the Millennium Development Goals, particularly in relation to the following aspects:
- Environmental: conservation of natural resources, access to clean renewable energy,
- Social: sharing of know-how, improvement of hygiene, prevention of health risks,
- Economic: creation of jobs, micro-enterprises and additional income for the beneficiary populations.
1. Making contact with the local NGO
- Ask NGO for project briefing note,
- Prepare a Project Identification Note (PIN) to confirm that the project is eligible in accordance with the CDM reference framework,
- Request the NGO’s articles of association to verify its welfare objective,
- Request an organisation chart to verify that the size of the NGO is in line with the scale of the project being funded,
- Request the NGO’s annual reports and certified accounts.
2. Site visit and detailed feasibility study including:
- Meeting with local teams and institutional partners, defining the needs and the level of acceptability of the project among the beneficiaries,
- Validating the hypotheses in the PIN: scope of the project, baseline scenario, additionality, ex-ante estimate of emission reductions, etc.
- Preparing funding plan.
3. Referencing of the project in the portfolio of United Carbon Action projects, conclusion of contract with the project organiser.
Do you have a project which meets the United Carbon Action selection criteria and needs funding?